Currently there is no standardized approach for this across identity federations, so CLARIN ERIC has settled on the following workflow:
- Make sure your Service Provider is listed in the Centre Registry (if not: contact email@example.com).
CLARIN ERIC, as the Coordinating Party, will then take care of the registration with all identity federation's systems:
- ACOnet: by sending e-mail to eduid /at/ aco.net with reference to the production SPF SPs SAML metadata file.
- Belnet: via a web interface (support by e-mail: servicedesk /at/ belnet.be).
- DFN-AAI: via a web interface (support by e-mail: hotline /at/ aai.dfn.de). Special comment: will export SAML metadata about all SPF SPs to eduGAIN after metadata checks. Therefore, should be treated as the first identity federation to register new SPs with.
- eduID.cz: by sending a digitally signed e-mail to eduid-admin /at/ eduid.cz with attached the production SPF SPs SAML metadata file.
- Haka/Kalmar Union: via a web interface (support by e-mail: haka /at/ csc.fi).
- SURFconext: by way of an e-mail to surfconext-beheer /at/ surfnet.nl with reference to the production SPF SPs SAML metadata file.
- SWAMID: their IdPs will accept our SPs if they are in eduGAIN.
- UK Federation: their IdPs will accept our SPs if they are in eduGAIN.
- WAYF: by sending an e-mail to Mikkel Hald <mh /at/ wayf.dk>, with reference to the SAML metadata about SPF SPs* in eduGAIN. Special requirement: a user affiliated with an institution participating in WAYF must attest over e-mail that he or she requires access to a specific* SP.
Our main SAML metadata batches are signed. Verify using the attached X.509 certificate file.