CLARIN and the University of Hamburg invite you to submit papers for our full-day workshop on Language resources and technologies for processing and linking historical documents and archives- Deploying Linked Open Data in Cultural Heritage.
This workshop will be organised in conjunction with LREC 2014 on 26 May 2014.
We are looking for contributions on original, unpublished work in the topic areas of the workshop, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Language tools and resources for the analysis of older textual material;
- Adaptation of language technology tools developed for modern languages to their historical variants; transcription and transliteration problems and solutions;
- Named Entity Recognition for historical texts;
- Development of dedicated historical corpora and lexica as Linked Open Data;
- (Semi-) automatic extraction of content related metadata;
- Semantic linkage of heterogeneous data within digital libraries;
- Linkage of historical documents with available Linked Open Data;
- Word sense disambiguation in old texts;
- Multilingual issues in historical texts;
- Applications concerning less resourced cultural heritage languages such as Old Norse, early Arabic, Ottoman Turkish, Old Church Slavonic, older forms of Balkan languages.
The submission deadline is February 9, 2014. More information can be found here.