SADILAR, the South African Node of CLARIN, is looking for a Technical Manager. Below a summary of the job description.
Technical leadership and reporting
- Provide technical leadership in the domains of Language Technology and/or Digital Humanities, assisting the Research Manager.
- Continuous research into best practices regarding digital language data acquisition, curation and management given rapid changes in technologies.
- Report technical and research findings at management committee, steering committee level and other relevant forums
- Lead the technical and commercialisation strategy of SADiLaR
Technical oversight development and support
- the maintenance and development of a multifunctional language resource portal for effective public use,
- management of all current and future digital resources available in the portal,
- application of standards to ensure interoperability of data at national as well as international levels.
- Full job description and link to apply
- Application deadline: 16 July 2021
- Planned commencement of duties: 01 August 2021
- Enquiries regarding the job content may be directed to: Prof Langa Khumalo email@example.com
- Enquiries regarding the recruitment process may be directed to: Mrs Vuyi Ramavhulela Tel: 018 299 1111