The mission of CLARIN ERIC (www.clarin.eu) is to develop and maintain Europe’s common language resources and technology infrastructure. At the same time CLARIN serves as an ecosystem for the exchange of knowledge and experience that is crucial for the uptake of CLARIN within the domains in which digital scholarship is rapidly developing, in particular in the social sciences and humanities.
The External Relations Officer will be assigned the following tasks:
- developing an external relations strategy for CLARIN ERIC that covers the interaction with the relevant networks and stakeholders, the opportunities of external funding geared towards research infrastructures, the role of CLARIN in relation to the European Open Science agenda, and the online presence of CLARIN;
- designing a plan for implementing the strategy in close collaboration with the Board of Directors;
- contributing to the implementation of the strategy, including updating of the existing dissemination materials, and taking steps towards increased visibility and more effective communication within relevant networks, and coordination of funding applications, all in close collaboration with the CLARIN support staff.
We are looking for candidates that would fulfil the following requirements:
- academic level of education (graduation at MA-level; a doctorate degree would be very welcome);
- proven track record in a similar position;
- flawless command of written and spoken English (native or near-native);
- highly organized, detail-orientated and proven ability to work in an international organization.
In addition we expect that the suitability of candidates is also evidenced by:
- familiarity with relevant networks, including the European bodies that are responsible for research infrastructure policies;
- good overview of the role of research infrastructures in the scientific landscape at large;
- basic familiarity with the concepts and terminology used within the field of natural language processing;
- good understanding of the outreach mechanisms that are suited for communicating the value and impact of scholarly work from the humanities and social sciences;
- flexibility and enthusiasm for working on a variety of tasks, including international travel.
Conditions of employment
- the position will be open for 60-100% of a full time position;
- the salary will be dependent of the candidate’s level of education, expertise and experience;
- the position will be offered for one year, with the option for prolongation;
- regular presence at CLARIN Office in Utrecht is required, but the job could in principle be taken up from any country in Europe as basis;
- the contract model to be applied (regular employment, free-lance contract, secondment, etc.) can be chosen in accordance with the conditions inherent to the candidate’s current employment and professional activities, the country/place that will be chosen as basis, applicable fiscal regimes, etc.;
- starting date: as soon as possible.
How to apply
Applications (including CV and statement of motivation) as well as requests for information can be sent to Franciska de Jong, Executive Director of CLARIN ERIC, to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (mention ERO in the subject line).
Deadline for applications: the position will remain open until filled; reviewing of applications will start on 21 June 2019.