CLARIN Mobility Grants help researchers and developers to fund short visits (typical duration: one week) between representatives of CLARIN sites to collaborate on building and using the CLARIN infrastructure.
The mobility grants are designed to promote:
- sharing of expertise between CLARIN centres and countries;
- integration of resources, tools, services and centres in European countries not currently in the CLARIN ERIC;
- collaboration between CLARIN developers and researchers in the humanities and social sciences.
The eligibility criteria have been kept simple. Applicants of a mobility grant just have to fulfill both of these criteria:
- they are based in a CLARIN ERIC country (see overview of participating consortia), or they are affiliated to a CLARIN site, and
- the collaboration is clearly focussed on the use or development of the CLARIN infrastructure
Although funding can only go to researchers based in a CLARIN ERIC country, the hosting centre does not necessarily have to be in a CLARIN ERIC country. Either the home institution of the applicant or the centre hosting the visit must have a strong ongoing connection with CLARIN.
Please note that mobility grants are only intended for bilateral, personal collaboration, and cannot be used to attend workshops, conferences or other scientific events, or meetings of CLARIN committees, task forces or other working groups.
The call for mobility grant applications is a continuous call. The full call text can be found here: CE-2013-0151.
You can apply for a CLARIN Mobilty Grant by following the instruction on this application form.
When the form is filled out you can e-mail your application (or any questions) to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Mobility Grant Application.
Here you can read the blog posts written by researchers and developers who received the CLARIN Mobility Grant.