CLARIN mobility grants help researchers and developers to fund short visits (typical duration: one week) between representatives of CLARIN sites to collaborate on building and using the CLARIN infrastructure.
The mobility grants are designed to promote:
- sharing of expertise between CLARIN centres and countries;
- integration of resources, tools, services and centres in European countries not currently in the CLARIN ERIC;
- collaboration between CLARIN developers and researchers in the humanities and social sciences.
The eligibility criteria have been kept simple. Applicants of a mobility grant just have to fulfill both of these criteria:
- they are based in a CLARIN ERIC country (see overview of participating consortia), or they are affiliated to a CLARIN site, and
- the collaboration is clearly focussed on the use or development of the CLARIN infrastructure
Although funding can only go to researchers based in a CLARIN ERIC country, the hosting centre does not necessarily have to be in a CLARIN ERIC country. Either the home institution of the applicant or the centre hosting the visit must have a strong ongoing connection with CLARIN.
The call for mobility grant applications is a continuous call. The full call text can be found here: CE-2013-0151.
You can apply for a CLARIN Mobilty Grant by following the instruction on this application form.
When the form is filled out you can e-mail your application (or any questions) to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Mobility Grant Application.
Here you can read the blog posts written by researchers and developers who received the CLARIN Mobility Grant.
Blog post by Jan Niestadt: mini-workshop on Korp, Strix and BlackLab in Gothenburg
Blog post by Yin Yin Lu: NLP Meets K-Pop at the Meertens Instituut
|Blog post Jozef Misutka: Adding KonText to CLARIN.SI
Written by Jozef Misutka from Czech LINDAT/CLARIN who received a CLARIN Mobility Grant in October 2017.