CLARIN ERIC, is looking to hire a student-assistant (0,2 - 0,3 fte) during the period of April-October 2020. The tasks will focus on the organisation of the CLARIN Annual Conference 2020 (5-7 October), to be held in Madrid, Spain. We expect that the event will be attended by circa 220-240 people.
Profile and tasks
We are looking for a person that matches the following profile:
• great organisational skills and structured thinking
• proficiency in English written language; knowledge of Spanish is a plus, but not required.
• familiarity with online Office solutions such as Google Documents/Spreadsheets/Forms
• Managing the registration procedure, communication with participants and local organisers.
• Assisting in processing of submitted papers and preparation of the conference proceedings.
• Assisting in the logistics of the event organisation in Madrid. Your travel, accommodation and meals will be covered.
Welcome, but not required:
• Familiarity with LaTeX
• Familiarity with Adobe InDesign. (This could lead to an extension of the job with some tasks related to editing of the dissemination material.)
CLARIN stands for "Common Language Resources and Technology Infrastructure". It is a research infrastructure that was initiated from the vision that all digital language resources and tools from all over Europe and beyond are accessible through a single sign-on online environment for the support of researchers in the humanities and social sciences.
The CLARIN Office consists in general of circa 5 people.
Address: Drift 10, 3512 BS Utrecht, The Netherlands.
You will work in Utrecht under the supervision of CLARIN’s Central Office Coordinator, Dr. Maria Eskevich
Part of your work can be carried out remotely.
From April till August, limited availability for 4-8 hours throughout the week is expected. The peak of the workload is expected to start by the end of August, and for September we expect maximum availability (but of course still in line with any study obligations).
We follow the standard payment rate and the choice between 0.2 and 0.3 fte is dependent on the candidate’s availability (to be discussed during the interview).
To get an impression about the nature of the event you can check this page with information on previous editions of the CLARIN annual conference
You can apply by sending an email with a short CV and a motivational statement to email@example.com mentioning CLARIN2020 in the Subject header.
Deadline: 3 February 2020, with the interviews taking place on 11-12 February, if suitable for the candidate.