CLARIN ERIC is a research infrastructure initiated from the vision that all digital language resources and tools from all over Europe and beyond are accessible through a single sign-on online environment for the support of researchers in the humanities and social sciences. The CLARIN ERIC infrastructure is fully operational in many countries, and a large number of participating centres are offering access services to data, tools and expertise. At the same time, CLARIN ERIC nodes are being constructed in the countries that joined more recently, and CLARIN’s datasets and services are constantly updated and improved. The CLARIN ERIC office is hosted by the Utrecht University, The Netherlands.
We’re looking to hire an experienced Financial Assistant who feels at home in an (international) scientific environment and is able to support the Financial Officer in managing financial-related tasks for CLARIN ERIC. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Financial tasks such as:
- supporting the Financial Officer in keeping and maintaining the financial administration of CLARIN ERIC (e.g. performing budget and payroll transactions);
- supporting the Financial Officer in preparing financial reports (e.g. maintaining separate accounts such as grant funding, forecasts, quarterly overviews and the annual accounts) and audits on projects and tax returns;
- prepare money transfers, maintaining accurate financial records for tax-related purposes and keep financial statements and review reimbursements.
Administrative tasks such as:
- supporting, archiving and collecting the necessary data for the various CLARIN ERIC agreements and contracts;
- assist the Executive Director and Financial Officer with ad-hoc and general office tasks;
- assist the Executive Director and Financial Officer with tasks related to EU projects.
- 1+ years experience in at least one or more of the following: finance, accounting, administration, or project management in a similar position;
- Experienced with Excel;
- Experience with accounting programmes (such as AccountView) is a plus;
- Accurate, proactive, reliable and communicative personality;
- A team player but also able to work independently;
- A good command of spoken and written English and Dutch;
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proven ability to work in an international organization.
We offer a temporary contract of 0.6 - 1.0 FTE, initially for a period of one year. Upon good performance, the contract can be extended. The gross salary will be between €2,465,- and €3,292,- gross per month on a full-time basis (scale 8 Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) depending on experience and qualifications.
Utrecht University offers a pension scheme, a holiday allowance of 8% per year, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% and flexible employment conditions. Conditions are based on the Collective Employment Agreement of the Dutch Universities. For more information visit Working at Utrecht University.
About the organization
A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists in executing their leading research and inspiring teaching. At Utrecht University, the various disciplines collaborate intensively towards major societal themes. Our focus is on Dynamics of Youth, Institutions for Open Societies, Life Sciences and Sustainability.
The Faculty of Humanities has around 7,000 students and 900 staff members. It comprises four knowledge domains: Philosophy and Religious Studies, History and Art History, Media and Culture Studies, and Languages, Literature and Communication. With its research and education in these fields, the Faculty aims to contribute to a better understanding of the Netherlands and Europe in a rapidly changing social and cultural context. The enthusiastic and committed colleagues and the excellent amenities in the historical city center of Utrecht, where the Faculty is housed, contribute to an inspiring working environment.
For more information about the position please contact Drs. Q.A.J. (Quirijn) Backx MA (Financial Officer CLARIN ERIC): email@example.com.
Applications should include:
- a letter of motivation (please state how your past experience and expertise matches the requirements of the position);
- a curriculum vitae including contact and personal details;
- the contact details of two referees (names and phone numbers or e-mail addresses).
The application deadline is: