The main tasks for which the Head of Operations will be responsible are: overseeing the implementation of strategic decisions taken by the Board of Directors in close coordination with the Executive Director and coordinating the central CLARIN Office workflows and their alignment with the CLARIN network and the wider infrastructural ecosystem.
The Head of Operations will be based at the CLARIN Office in Utrecht (The Netherlands). Some travelling throughout Europe will also be part of the work.
For this position the Universiy of Utrecht UU will be acting as the employer.
- A record of relevant managerial responsibilities in an academic context or the wider public sector, reflected in:
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of dedicated professionals
- Good capacity to understand the organisational and technical issues involved in the structure and governance of an international organisation with a federated digital service offer.
- An academic background in a relevant domain and corresponding international network, reflected by:
- Relevant experience in the European Research Area, the international arena and EC funding mechanisms, including a proven fundraising record
- At least a basic understanding of the European Research Infrastructure landscape ( , , etc.)
- At least a basic understanding of the various parameters of the Open Science agenda and the implications for the SSH domain.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in the function of managing the Office team and working with the Board of Directors, as well as liaising with CLARIN representatives and external parties.
- Ability to provide dynamic leadership that mentors, develops, and guides team members to efficiently drive day-to-day operations
- The ability to use Dutch as a working language is an advantage.