Legal and Ethical Issues Committee
The Committee for Legal and Ethical Issues is a permanent Committee (CLIC) that reports to the Board of Directors ( ). Its main responsibility is to advise the Board of Directors on all issues related to IPR, privacy and data protection and ethical matters, as well as legal issues related to access and dissemination policies and their implementation, to be referred to below as 'legal and ethical issues'.
Its main tasks will include:
- to prepare and publish analyses related to legal and ethical issues concerning CLARIN activities;
- to organise and participate at competency building events (seminars, hackathons, etc.) relating to legal and ethical issues concerning CLARIN activities. The Chair may ask the CLARIN Office for assistance in organising events;
- to collect, consolidate and prepare for publication in a single place the findings and recommendations related to legal and ethical issues;
- to maintain the set of license templates supported by CLARIN and adapt them to new developments within or outside CLARIN;
- to develop and implement procedures for the discussion and adoption of new recommendations for dealing with legal and ethical issues;
- to liaise closely with the Standing Committee for CLARIN Technical Centres in order to ensure that our legal and ethical issues policy and its technical implementation are in line;
- to ensure harmonisation of legal and ethical policies between CLARIN and related initiatives such as (but not restricted to) DARIAH and other sister SSH infrastructures, META Alliance, etc.;
- to publish and promote the legal and ethical policies adopted by CLARIN;
- to follow the ongoing debates on legal and ethical issues at EU and national level, and to report on this to the BoD;
- to make an annual work plan;
- to advise the Board of Directors in all legal and ethical issues.
You can find further information:
- on the CLARIN licensing framework: https://www.clarin.eu/content/clarin-licensing-framework,
- on general legal issues at the Legal Information Platform: https://www.clarin.eu/content/legal-information-platform.
- CLIC White Paper series - White Paper #3: "Language Resources and Research Under the General Data Protection Regulation” (2018) (PDF)
If you have further inquiries on legal issues, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.