You are here
Legal and Ethical Issues Committee
The main responsibility of the Legal and Ethical Issues Committee, is to advise the Board of Directors on all issues related to IPR, privacy protection and ethical matters, to be referred to below as 'legal issues'.
Its main tasks include:
- to collect, consolidate and prepare for publication in a single place the findings and recommendations related to legal issues emerging from the CLARIN preparatory phase project;
- to maintain the set of license templates supported by CLARIN and adapt them to new developments within or outside CLARIN;
- to develop and implement procedures for the discussion and adoption of new recommendations for dealing with legal issues;
- to liaise closely with the Standing Committee for CLARIN Technical Centres in order to ensure that our legal issues policy and its technical implementation are in line;
- to ensure harmonisation of legal policies between CLARIN ERIC and related initiatives, such as (but not restricted to) the META project and sister SSH infrastructures;
- to publish and promote the legal policies adopted by CLARIN;
- to advise the Board of Directors in all legal issues.
You can find further information:
- on the CLARIN licensing framework: https://www.clarin.eu/content/clarin-licensing-framework,
- on general legal issues at the Legal Information Platform: https://www.clarin.eu/content/legal-information-platform.
If you have further inquiries on legal issues, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.