You are here
The General Assembly represents the members of CLARIN ERIC. It is the body of CLARIN ERIC with full decision-making power. Each member has one vote. Each entity representing a member has nominated one official representative. Additionally each member may bring an expert to the GA meetings. The General Assembly meets at least once a year, and has the following functions:
- Appoint, suspend or dismiss the Executive Director;
- appoint the Scientific Advisory Board;
- decide on strategies for the construction and exploitation of CLARIN and any other issues deemed relevant by the Board of Directors or by a member or group of members who requests it;
- approve the work programme and annual budget of CLARIN ERIC;
- decide at least every five years on the principles for calculating the annual fee for each member;
- approve annual reports and accounts of CLARIN ERIC;
- approve each member’s contribution to CLARIN;
- approve accession of new members and observers;
- decide on termination of membership and observer status;
- decide on winding up of CLARIN ERIC.
Details about the role and functioning of the General Assembly can be found in the CLARIN ERIC Statutes.
The president of the General Assembly is Ursula Brustmann (Austria), the vice-president Petr Ventluka (Czech Republic).
|Petr Ventluka||Member||Czech Republic|
|Peter Spyns||Member||Dutch Language Union|
|Aleksandrs Mārtiņš Blūms||Member||Latvia|
|Hege Stensrud Høsøien||Member||Norway|
|Attie de Lange||Observer||South Africa|
|Paul Meller||Observer||United Kingdom|