The EMM (Ethnic and Migrant Minority) Survey Registry—which has been co-created by COST Action 16111 - ETHMIGSURVEYDATA, the H2020 SSHOC project, and the ANR project FAIRETHMIGQUANT—is a free online tool for discovering and learning about existing quantitative surveys undertaken with EMM (sub)populations in Europe and beyond. With the beta version successfully launched in spring 2020 and currently displaying detailed information (i.e. metadata) for over 1200 surveys from nearly 30 different countries, the EMM Survey Registry is looking to partner with data producers to further expand its metadata offerings, particularly those who are producing or have produced a COVID-19 survey with EMM respondents.
This webinar is therefore intended for data producers of quantitative surveys, so they can learn:
- why the EMM Survey Registry is an effective tool for showcasing a survey on EMMs' integration and/or inclusion for free with an international audience.
- when and how to contribute metadata for their survey using the back-end platform of the EMM Survey Registry.
- how the EMM Survey Registry is facilitating access to COVID-19 surveys that have been undertaken with EMM respondents.
How to join
Participating in the webinar: This webinar is free to attend. To register for this webinar, please fill out this registration form. Once your registration form has been received and processed, you will be sent detailed information about how to participate in this webinar by CLARIN via the email account: email@example.com.
- Laura Morales is Professor in Political Science/Comparative Politics at Sciences Po (Paris, France), affiliated with CEE and LIEPP. She specializes in the political dynamics and consequences of immigration, in the civic and political inclusion of migrant-origin minorities, and in survey research on migrant-origin populations. She has published, among others, Social Capital, Political Participation and Migration in Europe. Making Multicultural Democracy Work? (edited with Marco Giugni), Basingstoke: Palgrave, 2011. Morales is currently the Chair of the COST Action "International Ethnic and Immigrant Minorities' Survey Data Network" (http://www.ethmigsurveydatahub.eu/).
- Ami Saji is a junior researcher based at Sciences Po (Paris, France). She is currently supporting the SSHOC project in helping to make quantitative data on ethnic and migrant minorities FAIR. Prior to this role, she served as the Network Coordinator for ETHMIGSURVEYDATA and worked in the NGO sector, specializing in refugee resettlement, migrant integration, and workforce development. Ami holds a Master of Public Administration (MPA) in Social Impact from the London School of Economics and Political Science (London, UK) and a BA in International Studies and French from the Ohio State University (Columbus, Ohio, USA).