This café is organised by:
- Tomaž Erjavec, Jožef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
- Darja Fišer, University of Ljubljana, Institute of Contemporary History and Jožef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
- Maciej Ogrodniczuk, Institute of Computer Science, Polish Academy of Sciences
- Petya Osenova, Institute of Information and Communication Technologies, Bulgaria
The CLARIN host will be Darja Fišer.
The ParlaMint project, supported by the CLARIN Resource Families Project Funding, was completed on 31 May, resulting in creation of the set of multilingual comparable corpora of parliamentary debates from 16 countries.
Eight months after the introductory CLARIN Café – Join Our Parliamentary-flavoured Coffee: ParlaMint we present the results, lessons learnt and showcases of the project.
We plan to address the following questions:
- What are the results of the project and how have they been used?
- What is the technical and human context of the ParlaMint project?
- What are the challenges behind creating same-format, same-time and same-domain corpora?
- Through what instruments can the ParlaMint corpora be explored (concordancers, hackathons, shared tasks)?
- How can the ParlaMint corpora be used for important observations on current and past tendencies, policy making, impact on society, etc.?
How to join
Please register for free using this link in order to receive the meeting room details.
Recordings, slides & blog
To be added