CLARIN2020 in the time of Corona
The 2020 edition of the CLARIN Annual Conference will be organised as an online event. Remember the previous CLARIN conferences? This year’s edition has been designed to attract a wider audience and get the most out of the innovative options that come with a virtual format, so be prepared for a different experience: the conference will consist of special sessions and will be enriched with an informal programme. Detailed information on the innovative programme elements is available below. With the virtual format we can accommodate more visitors than ever, and #CLARIN2020 welcomes both the attendants of previous years and all newbies with an interest in getting familiarised with what CLARIN is about.
Over the coming weeks the regular CLARIN communication channels will be used to keep the community informed. This conference page will always provide the latest details.
About the CLARIN Annual Conference
The CLARIN Annual Conference is the main annual event for those working on the construction and operation of CLARIN across Europe, as well as for representatives of the communities of use in the humanities, and social sciences.
CLARIN2020 is organized for the wider Humanities and Social Sciences communities in order to exchange ideas and experiences with the CLARIN infrastructure. This includes the design, construction and operation of the CLARIN infrastructure, the data, tools and services that it contains or for which their is a need, its actual use by researchers, its relation to other infrastructures and projects, and the CLARIN Knowledge Sharing Infrastructure.
We are looking forward to welcome all authors of accepted papers, members of national consortia and representatives of CLARIN centres, representatives from partner organizations, and anybody else who has interest in becoming part of the CLARIN community and would like to learn more.
Registration is free of charge, but is obligatory in order to receive a notification message for how to access the conference. Please use this registration form.
Timeline as of 29 September:
- If you fill in the registration form by the end of 30 September, you should receive the notification email with access details on 1 October.
- If you fill in the registration form by the end of 4 October, you should receive the notification email with access details on 5 October before the start of the conference.
- If you fill in the registration form after the start of the conference, please forward the registration confirmation email to email@example.com to alert us and receive the instructions. Note that in case of late registrations we can't guarantee that there are still places available and support questions may be responded to with some delay.
This year's edition has been designed to attract a wider audience and to get the most out of the innovative options that come with a virtual format, so be prepared for a different experience.
Among the innovative programme elements of #CLARIN2020 are the following:
- The plenary paper presentation sessions will be shaped as moderated discussions and are aimed at fostering interaction between the participants and the authors.
- Interaction with the authors of the accepted submissions can take place in online poster sessions which give room for Q&A, debate and one-on-one chats on technical details with interested participants.
- Slides, posters and recorded pitches will be available on the website prior to the conference.
- Special sessions are also devoted to both PhD students and lecturers who use CLARIN tools and resources in their work.
- All three lunch breaks will be featuring a special appetizer
The conference features a keynote talk by Dr. Antske Fokkens (Faculty of Humanities. Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam).
All programme elements will be scheduled between 10.00 and 16.00 CEST.
Conference Proceedings are published online.
Book of Abstracts
The CLARIN 2020 Book of Abstracts with short summaries of the papers and invited talk are published online.
Call for Interest and Deadlines for Application
The overview of additional programme elements can be found here.
CLARIN Café "This is CLARIN. How can we help you?" has a deadline for registration on 1 October.
For general information on the conference please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about previous CLARIN Annual Conferences can be found here