Goal of the workshop
The goal of this workshop is - in line with the CLARIN-PLUS series “Facilitating the Creation of National Consortia” - to share experience and know-how about development, deployment and sustainably providing as a service repository systems that are a crucial part of CLARIN B-centres.
This CLARIN-PLUS workshop “Facilitating the Creation of National Consortia: Repositories” is hosted by The Institute of Formal and Applied Linguistics at Charles University in Prague.
Thursday, 9 February 2017
- 13.00 Welcome and introductions
- 13.15 Role of a digital repository in the CLARIN infrastructure – Lene Offersgaard
- 13.30 B-centre requirements related to repositories – Lene Offersgaard
- 14.00 Types of setups (frontends or not, local search, ways to submit) – Pavel Straňák
- one package vs. custom stuff
- 15.00 COFFEE BREAK
- 15.30 Fedora centres – Menzo Mindhouwer
- Overview of current CLARIN centres based on Fedora
- FLAT: New setups in Netherlands, Github, knowledge sharing, etc.
- 17.30 Problems and lessons learned in Clarin-DK using eSciDoc – Lene Offersgaard
- 17.45 Wrap-up and Q&A
- 18.00 END OF DAY 1
Friday, 10 February 2017
- 9.00. CLARIN DSpace project – Ondřej Košarko
- differences from vanilla DSpace (CLARIN adaptations)
- Public License Selector integration
- License signing
- Administration (Control Panel)
- development outlook
- CZ + Norwegian + Polish CMDI add-ons and integrations
- setup tutorial (reference)
- compatibility: VLO, META-Share, OLAC, EUDAT B2Safe, OpenAIRE, Thompson & Reuters' DCI, bibliography, …
- sustainability of this system (replication, data migration if needed)
- 11.00 COFFEE BREAK
- 11.30 Other options (and non-options) – Pavel Straňák
- other data repositories (CKAN, DataVerse, Invenio, Eprints, ...);
- other online data repositories (FigShare, Zenodo, B2SHARE)
- 12.00 Conclusion
- B-centre requirements crucial
- other compatibility very practical (OLAC, OpenAIRE, DCI, etc.)
- sustainability of any repository development and deployment
- financial aspect
13.00 END OF WORKSHOP
Registration is closed.
- Each of the participant will take care of there own accomodation
- The approved maximum is 80 EUR/night
- We are counting with 1 night (with maximum of 3 nights)
- Please, send us the receipt for the accommodation as soon as you booked it to the emails: firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com
- For finding suitable accomodation, we suggest you to visit: booking.com, where you can easily find nice, rated, cheap accommodation near the event venue.
OR here are few tips:
- Hotel At the three ostriches **** (from 70 EUR/night), close to the event
- Orea Hotel Pyramida **** (from 40 EUR/night), cca 10 min by tram or 20 min by foot to the event
- Ibis Praha Mala Strana *** (from 35 EUR/night), cca 15 min by tram or 20 min by foot to the event
- Prague Hotel Krystal *** (from 20 EUR/night), cca 25 min (by metro and tram) to the event
- If you want to go even cheaper, there are also hostels in Prague: www.prague-hostels.cz
- Each of the participant will take care of the transport reservation by his/her own
- For travel expenses to be up to 300 EUR, otherwise contact us
- Please, send the travel tickets as soon as you booked the travels to the emails: firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com
- There will be small refreshments for everyone during the event and the dinner on Thursday
- Also per each per diem in cash (CZK), approx. 20 EUR/day
The dinner on Thursday 9 February 2017 will start at 20:00u at the Restaurant Konirna ( address: Maltézské nám. 10, Prague 1)
- Currency: Czech crowns (CZK, Kč), it is approx. 27 Czech crowns for 1 euro.
1) Getting from the airport
Public transport tickets can be bought from kiosks called Public Transport in the arrivals halls (07:00-21:00, credit cards accepted), the DPP kiosk in the arrivals area of Terminal 1, or the vending machine next to the bus stop outside the terminals (1 vending machine accepts cards). You can also buy a 90-minute ticket from the bus driver (only cash), but it costs 40 CZK. Info on the schedules and routes can be obtained here. Buses that operate between the airport and the metro stations are as follows:
- Bus #119 to Nádraží Veleslavín - Metro Line A (17 minute ride). Departures every 5-20 minutes from 4:23-23:44.
- Bus #100 to Zličín - Metro Line B (18 minute ride). Departures every 12-30 minutes from 5:41-23:36.
- Bus #191 to Petřiny - Metro Line A (24 minute ride) and metro B Anděl (48 minute ride). Departures every 24-40 minutes from 4:57-23:11.
- Night Bus #510 going via Arbesovo náměstí (36 minute ride) and I. P. Pavlova (42 minute ride). Departures from the airport every 30 minutes from 23:57-3:57.
To get to Malostranské náměstí (Venue of the Event), the best option is to take bus #119 from the airport to its terminal stop Nádraží Veleslavín. From there, you can either take tram #20 that goes directly to Malostranské náměstí, or – which may be a little faster – you can take metro to station Malostranská and from there tram #12, #15, #20, or #22 to Malostranské náměstí (one stop).
Taxis cost 400–800 CZK to the city center. Fix Taxi and AAA Taxi have exclusive contracts with Prague airport. When you buy your voucher from the taxi stand, you will get a coupon for 20% off of the cost of your trip back to the airport.
2) Getting around
Prague has a well developed and reliable public transport, with the following prices for tickets, which are valid on buses, metro, and trams.
- Basic – 90 minutes with the possibility to change tram/bus/metro: 32 CZK
- Short-term – 30 minutes with the possibility to change tram/bus/metro: 24 CZK
- Non-limited 1-day ticket: 110 CZK
- Non-limited 3-days ticket: 310 CZK
You can buy tickets in slot machines in the underground stations, in most newsstands, specialized public transport shops, Prague transport information centers at the airport and the main railway station. You can change between the buses, metro, and tram for no additional charge as long as your ticket has not expired. Remember to validate your ticket as soon as you get on the bus/tram or in a metro lobby by sticking it into a yellow machine with a green glowing arrow, or you may be subject to a fine of 800 CZK if you are caught. Each type of ticket should be validated only once – the first time you start to use it (never when you change).