CLARIN workshop on Oral History (OH) - Utrecht
As a follow up of the CLARIN-PLUS workshop on Oral History (OH) archives in Oxford (April 2016), two new workshops are being organized by dr. Henk van den Heuvel (CLST Radboud University) and dr. Arjan van Hessen (Utrecht University / University of Twente): the first one will take place in December 2016 in Utrecht, the Netherlands and the second one in April 2017 in Arezzo, Italy. The proposal for these two workshops was granted in October 2016.
The envisaged outcome of the two workshops is an implementation plan for an OH transcription chain that can be integrated into the CLARIN infrastructure. Once the implementation plan is written, it will be submitted to CLARIN for funding.
The first workshop (6-7 December) in Utrecht is an "afternoon-evening-morning" workshop for a small amount of participants (<15).
Main goal of the workshop is to:
- sketch the working-together process for the following 3 to 4 months
- set-up a working environment (GoogleDocs?)
- appoint responsabilities
- find necessary colleagues/partners
- find possible (CLARIN) hosts for OH transcription services for the three languages
- design the "ideal transcription chain" for oral historians
- sketch the organisation of the second workshop: invitees and agenda
In the months after the December workshop the people who were present (and others) will write a proposal that will be discussed, improved and finalised at the second workshop in Arezzo.
More information on the Utrecht workshop can be found on the Oral History website
office building Hoog Overborch (Hoog Catharijne)