This page offers an overview of initiatives supporting the Ukrainian research community from the CLARIN network and beyond. The CLARIN statement on Ukraine is available here.
Ukrainian Language Resources
- Ukrainian corpora in the CLARIN Virtual Language Observatory ( )
- Awesome Ukrainian NLP: Curated list of Ukrainian natural language processing ( ) resources
- Ukrainian LT: Collection of links to Ukrainian language tools
- The European Commission is urgently looking for language data in Ukrainian to/from all EU languages to train an automatic translation system supporting refugees and helpers in the Ukraine crisis. Suggestions and data sets can be sent to email@example.com. Data sets can also be uploaded directly here.
Research, Projects, Conference Calls
- #ScienceForUkraine: Information about support opportunities at university, national, and international level for students and researchers directly affected by the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Curated by volunteer students and academic researchers
- Saving Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Online (SUCHO): Cultural heritage professionals working together to identify and archive at-risk sites, digital content, and data in Ukrainian cultural heritage institutions while the country is under attack.
- The European Commission launched the ‘European Research Area for Ukraine (ERA4Ukraine) portal, a one-stop-shop for information and support services to Ukraine-based researchers and researchers fleeing Ukraine.
- The First International Workshop on Social Communication and Information Activity in Digital Humanities (SCIA-2022) to be held in Lviv, Ukraine on 20 October 2022.
- 29.08.2022 – Paper submission deadline
- 30.09.2022 – Notification of acceptance
- 10.10.2022 – Camera ready submission deadline
- Lexicom 13–17 June 2022: an intensive workshop in lexicography and lexical computing
- UFAL is currently building a machine translation system for Czech-Ukrainian (to be then developed also for other language pairs, probably also covering Polish, Slovak and Russian) which should be higher quality than Google Translate and free to use both through webapp and . Follow the developments here.
- Translators for Ukraine: Translators offering language assistance to people affected by the conflict.
- Translators without Borders provide translation and interpreting support in humanitarian efforts worldwide.
Jobs, Scholarships, Hosting Opportunities
- Scholarship for Ukrainian Researchers: Initiative by the Institute of Literary Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Scholarship for Ukrainian Researchers: Initiative by the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
- Researchers at Risk Fellowship Scheme: Initiative by the UK National Academies and in partnership with the Council for At-Risk Academics (Cara)
- Support website for students and researchers from Ukraine by the German-Ukrainian Academic Society
Appeal by Ukrainian Students
- Perspective of Ukrainian researchers on cooperation with the EU. Article: "Academics Appeal for Long-Term Help to Rebuild HE System" by Nic Mitchell. In "University World News"
Statements of Support from the CLARIN Network and Beyond
- CLARIN ERIC
- Sketch Engine
- ERIC Forum
- Statement on Research by Commissioner Mariya Gabriel
- ALLEA the European Federation's of Academies of Sciences and Humanities (statement of support and initiatives of European Academies of Science)
If you know about relevant academic and e-infrastructure initiatives supporting the Ukrainian research community that are not yet listed on this webpage, please let us know via this form.