CLARIN invites applications to join the CLARIN Trainer Network programme. The CLARIN Trainer Network is a group of experts who carry out training events at prominent summer schools, conferences, COST Actions, etc. in disciplines and communities relevant for CLARIN, such as linguistics, digital humanities, language technologies and social sciences.
For the CLARIN Trainer Network programme an annual budget is available of 10,000 EUR.
- This is a continuous call.
- The applicant sends a proposal by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each proposal should contain:
- A CV of the applicant(s);
- Information about the applicant, and the skills they will bring to the CLARIN Trainer Network, specifying the area(s) of expertise, training experience, developed training materials, knowledge of CLARIN (max 500 words);
- A motivation statement (max 500 words).
- An assessment panel consisting of a member of the , a representative of the UIC and a representative of the KSIC, extended with a domain expert when relevant, will select the candidates.
- In case more proposals will come in than can be funded, previous training experience of the candidate and the quality of their motivation statement will become decisive in the comparison.
- Applications will be processed in the order in which they were received and will be processed within 3 weeks. Once the available budget for 2020 is exhausted, a notification will be posted on this web page. All applications that have not been assessed by then will be assessed in the next funding round.
Eligibility of applicants and cost categories
- The call is open to representatives of any of the CLARIN consortia or staff affiliated with a CLARIN centre who have a full-time or part-time position at an (educational or research) academic institution for at least 1 year after the date of submission. A completed PhD is a plus but not required. At least 1 year of training experience (e.g., teaching at a HEI, formal or informal training at a research institution, university or research library, data centre, etc.) is required.
- Funding is awarded for the reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs as well as registration fees to the candidate directly. Funding cannot be used for salary costs.
Terms and conditions
- The appointment is for 3 years with a possibility of prolongation.
- The selected candidates will commit to training opportunities based on their expertise and availability on a case-by-case basis in agreement with the CLARIN training coordinator and will be encouraged to proactively seek training opportunities for CLARIN within relevant projects, scholarly networks, institutions, research infrastructures, etc. We aim for 3-4 training events by a trainer annually, both in-person and virtually.
- The selected candidates will attend an internal introductory webinar and study the information package to learn about CLARIN's organisation, strategy, technical infrastructure and activities.
- The selected candidates will make their training materials available on the CLARIN website with a CC-BY 4.0 license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/deed.en.
- The selected candidates will agree to be featured in CLARIN's newsletter, website and printed promotional material (e.g. interview, blogpost, brochure).
- The CLARIN Trainer Network must be clearly acknowledged in all the activities and materials.
- A brief report on each training activity needs to be submitted within 1 month after its completion.