Redundant setup for Discovery Service
The CLARIN Discovery Service is now running on two independent servers, with a failover setup. In practice this means that maintenance (restarting the server, updates, etc.) can be done while the service in question remains available. A similar setup is planned for the CLARIN Identity Provider.
New VLO beta version
The latest beta release of the Virtual Language Observatory is now available for public testing. It comes with an improved mapping of availability, licence and access information and a dedicated facet for the main availability levels (PUB/ACA/RES).
Some demonstration queries/pages:
- Records open for public or academic access
- Records that provide their exact licence
- Example of a record that provides a nice amount of legal information
Infrastructure Overview and CMDI 1.2 specification
Two new important additions to the CLARIN wiki have been published:
- the draft CMDI 1.2 specification
- An overview of the whole infrastructure – as a first rough draft version
New specification documents are available:
- CE-2015-0702 – CMDI 1.2 rollout plan
- CE-2015-0700 – CLARIN-PLUS: Virtual Collection Registry Specification
Pre-announcement: Centre Meeting 2016
It is very probably the 2016 version of the Centre Meeting will take place on 10 and 11 May in Utrecht. More information will follow in the course of March, once the meeting venue has been confirmed.